Saturday, 13 June 2009

Organ and Guitar

This week I went to an organ and piano concert by Wayne Marshall and Jennifer Micalleff in Manchester. I've never heard organ and piano play together before, and it was really eye-opening. Some of the music was written for organ and piano, some for two pianos but arranged differently by Wayne Marshall. We also heard variation on Carmen for two pianos, an unpublished work by an American arranger whose name escapes me now. An unusual but very enjoyable evening.



With great timing, the same day I finished a big upgrade to the organ section of the website - most of the ABRSM exam pieces are now on the site.




I have also just completed the classical guitar section with the ABRSM exam pieces. Trinity also uses some of the same pieces, but I will add more Trinity music in a little while.

No comments: