Friday, 2 October 2009

And Yet More New Music


Brass Wind have published more music recently; A Blast from the Past by Adam Gorb contains music for trumpet and piano inspired by renaissance and baroque sounds. For intermediate players.
On a slightly different theme, though still for trumpet, Cecilia McDowell has created music inspired by works of art, hence the title "Framed".
Queens Temple Publications has just released the latest installment in a set of sonatas by Timothy Bowers. His sonata for bass trombone and piano was composed in 2006, and follows the release of his sonata for tenor trombone, which was composed in 2007. More of these works to come.
It's been a very busy week in the online shop, so busy I got up at 5 am yesterday to get ahead! Orders tend to decline at this point in the week, so I can get all my paperwork straight, file away the new books that have come in, do this post and sweep out the office.
This week I received my first order of new packing paper from a new supplier. It's cheaper than the paper I used to buy, but stronger so should stand up to the stresses of travel through the mail better. I will be able to keep my postage prices the same for a while longer - they have been the same for two years (not many retailers have managed this!) but I think it's likely that when the postage charges go up again in April I will have to increase it slightly. Cheaper paper certainly helps keep costs down.
That's it for this week. I hope to have a bit more time next week to add new books to the website, but if you don't see what you want, do ask - I can get almost anything.

No comments: