Monday, 22 November 2010
Kapustin Sonata for flute Op 125 - a four movement work for advanced players
Classical Piano Anthology Vol 1 - a collection of easy pieces for grade 1-2 pianists, in a new collection by Schott
Exploring Jazz Violin and Exploring Jazz Clarinet - as the worlds of contemporary and classical playing continue to merge, these two new volumes (with CDs) help players learn the jazz style
Baroque Recorder Anthology Vol 3 - a collection of 17th and 18th century pieces for treble recorder, with CD
Pop Ballads for Flute - a selection of pop classics arranged for flute with CD
Romantic Guitar Anthology Vol 4 - a collection of pieces for advanced guitarists
Baermann Romance for clarinet -a short and easy piece from the 19th century composer Baermann
Sing Jazz Ballads Vol 1 - famous jazz ballads for medium voice, with CD
Karl Jenkins Stella Natalis - a piece for choir by the well-known composer
Joy to the World - 9 carols arranged for mixed chorus by Karl Jenkins
Macmillan Benedictus Deus - a Latin setting for SATB by the Scottish composer
For wind band, I am starting to fill out this section, starting with some new publications: Holst's Jupiter and Mars, and Lyric Suite by Finzi.
This week I have also introduced a section for study scores, something I have lacked for some time. I've started with some new publications by Eulenburg, including new editions with CD. I will be working on this section over the coming months.
Friday, 12 November 2010
- Bass-Time Beginners for Double Bass
- Fantasy on a theme of Arnold - music for piano based on a theme by Malcolm Arnold
- Three Improvisations for piano by Alan Bullard
- Dog 'n Bone Rag - music for 4 flutes
- Fantasiestucke - Schumann's well-known piece, arranged for bassoon and piano
- Go Fourth - position changing for cello, with CD
- Vivaldi's Sonata in E Minor arranged for guitar
- Bowers Sonata for Tuba
- Bowers Sonata for Trumpet
- Bowers Sonata for Horn
- Callisto...and the Great Moon Turns - a new piece for double bassby Martin Storry
- Well-Tempered Licks & Grooves Vol 1 - jazz styles for piano, with CD
- Pachelbel Selected Organ Works
- Handel Sonatas for Violin
- Smetana From My Homeland, for violin
- Swing Standards for alto sax with CD
There's lots more to come, I've been trying to catch up with all the new publications in the last few months.
On another note, ABRSM has put back its publication of the new Aural Training in Practice series, to at least April next year. The old books will still be available until then. In the meantime, the new Specimen Aural Tests are available and you can find them in the Aural section of the website.