Monday, 31 January 2011

Postal Record

A couple of weeks ago I got an invoice for a stock delivery I received in December. The invoice was posted a couple of hundred miles away on 16th December and arrived almost exactly one month later. I suppose we can put that down to the snow. I thought that was pretty much the record, but on Friday I received an even older envelope.

On 22nd June last year, a customer posted a cheque for a music book in London. It arrived on 28th January, over 7 months later! It probably got stuck in the bottom of a bag somewhere and never escaped, wasn't even postmarked. In the meantime, the customer had paid for the order by card over the phone as I do keep an eye on cheque orders, in case they get delayed. So I've destroyed the cheque now, but what a record!

The new website has been up and running for almost two weeks now, there's still a lot of work to do to tidy up but overall I'm pretty happy with it.

No comments: