Friday, 25 February 2011

New Music This Week, 25/02/11


Finally, what we've all been waiting for has arrived - the theme to Downton Abbey! I'm humming it as I type; when I watched the first programme of this series my very first thought was "what's that music?"
So here it is, arranged for piano. As yet I haven't got my hands on a copy so I'm not sure how difficult is though I guess intermediate standard. Hope to have it in stock by Tuesday.
Other new music this week- 100 years of Popular Music: 30s Volume 1. Contains hits such as A Foggy Day, Blue Moon, I got rhythm, Over the Rainbow, the Lady is a Tramp, and many, many more.
Another book in this series, published last week - 100 Years of Popular Music: 70s Volume 1, contains songs such as Amarillo, Diamonds are forever, Hi Ho Silver Lining, Leaving on a Jet Plane, Save your Kisses for me, Send in the Clowns, Stand by your Man and many other classics.
And another great compilation book, for piano - Music for Pleasure, 100 famous tunes for piano, excellent value.
Other activities this week include a good number of organ pieces published by Kevin Mayhew, on the website for the first time. And the cello tutor/studies section has doubled in size, so much more to choose from there.

No comments: