Friday, 28 October 2011

New Guitar Tutor - Guitar Academy

Every so often I get emails from musicians/teachers publishing their own music, often under their own label these days.  They are often very passionate about their product, which is a good thing, and usually disagree vehemently with whatever the other top sellers are in their field, hence their own new book.

A few weeks ago I got an email from Richard Corr, the author of a new guitar tutor called Guitar Academy.  I didn't have time then, just starting the manic September routine, but I have now managed to have a look at it.  It does look impressive, and like many recent guitar tutors it teaches skills for both classical and acoustic guitar, which is welcome.  With integrated CD it is sure to be popular so I am going to stock it in my shop.  There are three volumes in the series, all priced under £10 which is sure to make it attractive.  You can find it in the shop here.

After I shut the shop and took a few hours off on Tuesday in anticipation of the electricity going off, nothing actually happened!  It seems they were doing some work at the sewage pumping station and sewage systems here, saw a few vans though, including one attempting to drive down a footpath.  Fortunately the driver was able to read the sign telling him the road wasn't suitable for vehicles, but the path is now blocked off anyway to prevent the illiterate and stupid driving down until they wedge themselves firmly.

As it's half term this week, things have quietened down a bit so I have been able to add more new music and accessories to the website.  I have lots more in the pipeline for coming weeks.

No comments: