Thursday, 2 May 2013

New Sheet Music This Week 2nd May 2013

What a week!   Intermittent but serious problems with my broadband meant I was reduced to cramming all my internet based work into small patches of internet connectivity at various times of the day!  Then I got a puncture in one of my brand new car tyres, happily fixable and not requiring another £100 for a new tyre but stressful and more time lost getting it fixed.  But yesterday the phone line was fixed, my car is fine and I'm breathing more easily.

So to celebrate my first reliable internet day in a week, here is a round up of some new sheet music.  There should have been a bit more, but I have a backlog of new stuff to add to the website now!

I'm going to start with brass this week, first we have Gade's Jealousy, arranged for brass band by John Iveson.

Next from an increasingly prolific composer, Keiron Anderson, we have two pieces: Riffilicious (almost impossible to spell for a web search engine, why do they choose these names?) and Stray Cat, both for brass tentet (with some variations in parts possible).

New music for alto or tenor sax with playalong CD - World Tour, which has 22 tunes inspired by music and rhythms from around the world, arranged by the very popular saxophone writer Jeffery Wilson.

A new addition to the Trinity version of Improve your Sight Reading for piano, this time the grade 4 book, is now available.

A brand new tutor for recorder by the irrepressible Sara Watts, Ready Steady Recorder with CD is now out and in stock.

Also from Sara Watts, Jazz Stix, jazz and blues tunes for early grade pianists.

A new bumper collection of 60 wedding tunes for organ from Kevin Mayhew, entitled Something Old Something New, sure to give you something to play!

That's all for this week, more to come next week.

No comments: